Did you feel it? The sun is warmer, the days are longer, the streets are busier. It is not already here, but there are finally some indications that at some points in the next month or so (ouf!), spring will finally arrive.
It’s one of the best times of the year! Because:
- Going outside to get a much needed coffee seems more like a nice walk and less like an impossible race against the cold.
- The walk to (and from) Thompson House is safer without ice.
- You can actually see the sun at some point before or after work. No, the sun is not a myth!
- It is easier to put and carry a backpack without a gigantic winter coat.
- The library will be empty soon (okay, not soon soon) from undergrads.
- Easter is coming. I do need (a lot of) chocolate in order to write my thesis.
- From a mom point-of-view: no more battle to put a full winter attire on the children, aka, 10 minutes at least will be saved in the morning.
Then you also have to endure cold rain, navigate between the slush lakes and there is always, ALWAYS, the last snow storm of the year when everybody is used to the warm temperature, but… hey… Spring is almost here. Yay!
Banner picture by @earthyrox // @gradlifemcgill