That’s enough of looking back. Here’s to the year ahead – wide open and ready to be written. Full of hope and promise! Here are some of my wishes for 2012.
- I hope that 2012 will bring only those challenges which are absolutely necessary, as 2011 brought enough challenges to last a while!
- I hope to complain ONLY about what is really worth complaining about.
- I hope for the year to be filled with new recipes, new adventures near or far, new memories with old friends, new research contacts and new developments in my projects.
- I hope for a super productive year where I am filled with energy and able to accomplish a LOT in my work.
- I hope to make my family, friends, supervisor and myself proud.
- I hope to wake up on most mornings with energy and motivation.
- I hope for steady health and easy breathing and sleeping on at least 300/366 days of the year.
- I hope to be able to take an interesting photo every single day, without running out of inspiration. I am doing a 365-day photo project, so that I make a small effort everyday to think about the world around me and how to improve my photography technique.
- I hope to be able to write shorter blogs 😉
- I hope not to lose anyone this year – in any way.
- I hope for more days with cheese and marzipan – because there can never be enough of either!
- I hope to read 3 books, from beginning to end.
- I hope for wonderful days spent with Hubby.
- I hope to maintain my work-life balance.
- I hope to learn how to bake (following instructions with no real room for improvisation has never really been my forte … hence why I was awful at Chemistry labs).
- I hope for lots and lots of sunshine.
- I hope I catch myself smiling or laughing like a giddy kid, on at least 200/366 days of the year.
- I hope to make a difference for my colleagues and/or friends, and to help them in some way.
- I hope for more inner strength and more confidence in myself.
- I hope for a short winter and a long, hot, eventful summer.
- I hope for countless fulfilling days … for me, and for all of you!
Happy New Year. May it be just that — happy, and new.